Change demands more from teams
The best people to make change in an organization are the ones that are already there. The Centre for Citizen Experience provides workshops, speaking, coaching, and creation of custom resources to help them succeed. By investing in design capability you are giving your team the skills they need to face uncertain challenges now and in the future.
Custom tailored skill development
We all know that transformation takes time, talent, and tenacity—and the right tools and teams. That takes training to build on the great skills that your teams already have, but most design training offerings are the same cookie cutter courses offered to everyone.
Instead, Jess works with leaders and teams to understand and evaluate current capability, assess organizational needs for design skills and attitudes, and then provides tailored insights, information, and hands-on experience that executives, managers, and frontline teams need. This design capability builds on existing skills and practices to expand the innovation and design tools that teams have for transforming the service experience, designing policy, and creating an organizational engine for citizen-centric insight and strategy.
Please get in touch to discuss how training, workshops, and coaching can improve your organization’s own design innovation capability.
Some Recent & Upcoming Speaking Engagements
- Service Prototyping Workshop. UX Lisbon. Portugal, June 2014
- Designing Government. Opening remarks, Civic Design Camp. San Francisco, April 2014
- The Experience of Information. Opening address. International Congress on Transparency and Open Government. Guadalajara, December 2013
- Closing the Policy/Delivery Gap. Lightning Talk. DesignMeets…Public Policy. Ottawa, November 2013
- Design to Make a Difference: The 5 Layers of Service Architecture. UXCamp Ottawa, November 2013
- Citizen Experience Design and India. Closing keynote, UX India, Bangalore, October 2013
- Citizen Experience Design and the City. Keynote address, internal City of Ottawa Managers’ Service Excellence Forum
- What if Apple Designed Official Community Plans. Panel, Infuse 2013, Canadian Institute of Planners, Vancouver, July 2013
- The State of Citizen Experience. Keynote, Customer Experience for the Public Sector. Toronto, April 2013